View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 07:36 AM   #1
tkarmsfull

Any Large Family RVers....help us make it happen

Hello just joined the Forum and, for better or for worse, am hoping for so good, solid, honest advice.

We do not have a TT yet but hope to. However, we are a family of 8 although 1 ds is on his own and 1 is in college. So full time we have 4 DC at home and then the college Ds on some weekends and in the summer. As you can imagine our primary vehicle is an SUV...2008 Expedition EL XLT.

I know from reading that SUV towing is not recommended due to the fact they aren't really designed to pull large trailers. Our vehicle is paid off and we hesitate to buy a truck as it won't haul everyone. So I am wondering what do large families do? The cars that transport them won't work for the size trailer that most need.

DH and I have looked at the Hybrid but really don't love them or the Pop Ups. Are we relegated to tent camping and just need to get a better mattress? lol

Please be honest but considerate as I know many of you have talked till your blue in the face about GVWRs, Payload, GCWR, Tongue weight.....etc. to those who are new to RVing!

Thanks,
T
tkarmsfull is offline   Reply With Quote