View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 07:46 AM   #5
canadianguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundy View Post
I have the 2013 232 SRT Springdale (not built anymore) with the factory solar panel. I believe it is the same panel that you have, very small. I took the measurements of that panel to a RV solar installer and they said it was about a 15 watt panel. After trying it for awhile in full summer sunlight it wouldn't even keep my 2 12v batteries fully charged. The parasitic drains from the unit where more than the solar output. I eventually installed 2 150w panels and a Morningstar controller and have not looked back. I haven't used my generator or a battery charger since. By far the best mod I have done.
How do you like your SRT? They are hard to find, I had to drive 700 miles to purchase mine.
thanks for the reply - that's pretty much what I figured as well. I will likely upgrade it next year.

I just picked up the trailer last weekend so I haven't really had a chance to give it a good try. I think it will suit our needs just fine. I really like the larger capacity tanks for dry camping. I spend a lot of time in smaller non serviced forestry sites so appreciate the lift, better tires etc. We had a hybrid trailer before so will appreciate the solid walls and insulation!
canadianguy is offline   Reply With Quote