View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 12:45 PM   #28
Louvinlovin

Update and surge protector

Hello and thank you all for your help. The converter was bad, the battery was bad too! We went down to get the camper and put in the new battery and brought it home. OH, yes, the refridgerator recall kit was installed too.
We get home and tried to plug it in. The surge protector tripped again. By this time I have had it with this thing. The slide out would not go out because the new battery was not as charged as we thought. My brother in law got it out manually, so now my husband knows how to do that too.
I called the place that put it the new converter and they said they checked it and all was ok. They told me to remove the surge protector....it is an external surge protector. Then everything worked! BUT the connection for the battery was really really hot!! WEll just as you all said, the in line fuse from the battery was all rusty. So they replaced that and now everything works as it should!! So the BIG question....Can a surge protector go bad if it is tripped too many times?????? And is there a way to test it???
I won't use this place again. They charged me 350 bucks for the converter! When we got back the back vent lid over the bathroom was open. No vent covers on this as of yet!! The rig was unlocked...and they did not put back the wheel chocks or put the trailer tongue on a peice of wood, so it was sunk in the sand!! Also they finished the work late friday afternoon and and as of 9:30 am monday they still had not called me to tell me they finished the work!! Neither my husband or I are very impressed. So I think we have everything in order now. If the battery is on the camper all winter and it is plugged in will it be ok through the winter months? Yes it gets to freezing and below where i live. Sorry I dragged this on so long, but I am glad we got everything figured out.
Louvinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote