View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 06:02 PM   #3
JNKS2010

Angry still with issues

sorry for the late update. We took the trailer to where we bought it from, they an for 4 days straight on high, it was like an ice box, they said they could not find any issues so we brought it home. we camped again and all though we did not need it we tried it out and it worked for an hour or so then shut down and would not come back on, we recruited some help from a maintenance guy at the camping resort we where at. This gentleman was very helpful and found a wire that appeared to stuck into the fins of the a/c unit from, he pulled that wire out with ease and low and behold! the unit work for several days, we returned from that trip and we were elated that it seemed the issue had been fixed, so we thought ,

today we returned from an 8 day stay at Lake George NY. hottest week we have experienced camping this summer, and guess what? the a/c unit didn't work again , we elected the help of a camp ground maintenance man and was stumped. so we went 8 days without an a/c.

here is the issue, I do not think its an a/c issue, I thinks the blower motor is not working. when we turn the unit on using the thermostat, the a/c clearly turns on then it seems that the refrigerant starts up, however, the blower never turns on like it used to, the unit then turns itself off.

when the unit is off the fan blades that are accessible from inside the camper rotate freely if I turn the blades myself, once the unit turns on, the blades don't turn, if I try to move them myself they are no longer easily rotated, its seems to me and the maintenance guy that the blower motor maybe froxen or fried. taking it back to the RV place this week and getting this resolved one way or another.

2015 GMC Sierra All Terrain 5.3L V8 4x4
2015 Keystone Bullet 243BHS
JNKS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote