Thread: TT Insurance
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 06:53 AM   #12
RavensFan24

I pay $62/month for my trailer insurance, but I have full replacement coverage, diminishing deductibles, $250 deductibles for comprehensive and collision, up to $3k personal property coverage and prob a couple other things. With a brand new trailer, I'm happy to pay for the extras to make sure I'm taken care of in the event of an accident or issue with the trailer.

When I first started RVing I was amazed at how cheap my policy was, but then I learned it was so cheap because I was basically only insured when my trailer was hitched to the truck. If it was in storage and had issues, I would've been screwed. This was when I was in the $100/6 months price range. It was worth it to me to upgrade.

BTW, I compared Progressive (my current company) against Good Sam before renewing. It's basically the same exact coverage, but Good Sam will also offer you the ability to cut back coverage for months it's in storage. I'm in FL, so I'm never "winterized" and packed away, so that option doesn't make sense for me, but seemed like a cool option if you live up north and don't camp in the winter. The Progressive pricing was a couple hundred bucks better than Good Sam...most likely because Good Sam has Progressive write the policy and then GS tacks on a premium to buy through them.

https://forums.goodsamclub.com/Share...205_164040.jpg
RavensFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote