View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #98
08quadram

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbnu7s View Post
I purchased a 2013 31sqbwe this year and have had it out 5 times so far. A few of the main selling points for us included the bunks and the outside kitchen. So far, out of the 5 trips I have used the outdoor kitchen every time.

Pros
Coffee pot in the morning (percolator, not instant) doesn't fog up the windows in the TT I use a French press. I usually don't make it in time to shut it off before it starts whistling.
Cooking outdoors is cool. still do most over the fire
Love to BBQ and this gives that the opportunity
Don't have to mess up the inside as much
Store extra beer outside, but... see con.

Cons
Lack of drain on the sink stinks. I might add a drain in to a 5 gal bucket. (You have to lift the sink out and empty it)
quick connect on the sink always spills water on to the kitchen island I have found that when removing the flexible spout from the faucet, I hold my finger over the end of the spout when I remove it. Keeps the water from running all over the counter.
Other outside kitchens are taller. The lid could be used as a rain shelter but not this one.
Every time you slide it out you have to connect the gas to the quick-connect underneath and it's a pain.

Good luck in the decision making!
We have never even used or inside kitchen. I can go out and make my coffee without waking my DW and kids.

I have found that when removing the flexible spout from the faucet, I hold my finger over the end of the spout when I remove it. Keeps the water from running all over the counter.

I also sealed the raw edges of the laminate counter top where the sink sits. Water and MDF do not play well. Keeps it from swelling.

Mike
2013 2920bh
2008 RAM 1500 quad cab; 5.7 Hemi; 3.92's
DW; 2 offspring; 1 pooch
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote