Thread: Chevy 3500
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 11:34 AM   #9
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The 1200 I posted above was accurate/scaled. Obviously it varied at times (are we carrying the dehumidifier? About 50lbs. etc.) It all depends on how you camp, where you camp etc. I carry a bbq grill, blackstone flattop, 2 air compressors, 2 8 ton bottle jacks, spare LP tank (5 gal). What about the induction cookers, magma nesting cookware, slow cooker, pressure cooker.....the list is long. Or, you can take a coleman stove, a sauce pan and skillet and be done with it. LOTS of things to consider along with this; you can go with the sauce pan and skillet, but, I can assure you the more you go and the longer you stay....the longer the list is of what will be in your trailer so be forewarned.
Folks are always surprised by how much all the little things weigh, I've never weighed it but I'd bet the kitchen utensil draw has 10 pounds of knives, forks and spoons, spatulas, bottle opener, can opener, bag clips etc.. Not to mention 10 pounds of dog food, and another 10 of treats and toys under the island.

Not to mention the whiskey...