Thread: Staying warm
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 06:24 PM   #19
sourdough
Site Team

I'm thinking we may be moving off into the "safety preparedness" arena vs staying warm. Yes, these threads ebb and flow, and "what have you done to mitigate fire dangers" sort of dovetails into "staying warm" maybe we want to just discuss "staying warm" as the OP questioned.

I have no problem with any fire suppression device an owner may want; 4lb, the little bottles that come inside, a bottle of water etc. That is up to them. Having done a stint with a volunteer fire dept., watched fires etc., I understand the devastation they can cause and the unbelievable quickness with which they can spread.

I owned 4 homes ( now down to 2 and soon to be 1). I had 4 lb. units in them all, somewhere for use. I own one RV; I keep 2 of the smaller units in it. That's me, my choice. I believe I sleep light enough (thanks previous life) , my snooter is good enough and pup is vigilant enough that I don't need 2 4 pounders sitting in such a confined space; I have zero concern about saving the RV....just us.

All to say that we all have our thoughts on what is and what isn't an appropriate way to not only heat a space but mitigate any possible ramifications of it. They are opinions; personal preferences; NOT my way is better than yours or PROVE to me that your way is better than mine.....we're just talking about a good way to stay warm....
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote