View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 09:34 AM   #43
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Danny, so far from what I've read I can tell you 3 things with confidence.

1. You don't don't know if you "need it" or "want it" if you don't have it or have seen it first hand and experienced driving/backing with it.

2. Worth the money or not. This is so individualized that some would say it's worth the $1,000+ they paid for it and others will say it isn't worth a dime. Sort of like dining out, some say anything more than a Big Mac isn't worth it while other's say they only will buy a steak at Ruth Chris or Morton's.

3. Everybody is "right", at least in their opinion.

Yes, you are right. I knew it is a very subjective thing but wanted to get a feel to see if it was a resounding yes or no on their use. Sounds like it's like most other things. The quoted price to me was 697 if I recall and think that was only 1 camera. Not astronomical but not cheap either. I've never thought I needed one and have always been comfortable towing as well as watching what was coming up behind me etc. Sounds like it would be one more "gizmo" to stick up on the dash beside my TPMS and on top of that new 12" (humongous) center screen that has so much stuff on it I can't keep track of it anyway. Much like the "you don't know what you don't know" saying or "you don't know if you want it or not until you try it", I figure the benefit of the camera would fall into both categories. Now, to figure out if I want to spend 700+ to find out, then put it on the shelf in the barn with all the other gizmos that didn't work out if I don't.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote