Thread: 28sgs
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 05:11 PM   #5
Gegrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If you put two 2016 Cougar 28SGS trailers side by side, one "rode hard and put away wet every week" and the other, seldom used, stored indoors and owned by a "grandma that loves her dust cloth and vacuum cleaner"... Well, you'll find two entirely different trailers....

What I'm suggesting to you is that any 3 or 4 year old "used" trailer will only be as good as its previous owner's care. One might be "falling apart" and the other, "better than a new one"....

I will second this one. When I was looking for my current trailer, I found another 2014 29BH on the coast of VA at a dealer. I went to look it over and the fascia on main slide was swollen like a tick, indicating some kind of leak. The roof had also lacked maintenance and the unit looked like it had lived on the ocean for 3 years. I passed and found my current one (same year and model, different interior color) at a dealer north of Philly. Much better condition, and the dealer fixed everything. That one is still sitting at the dealer in VA btw, 2.5 years later (I just looked it up last week).

So my point is its future reliability will pretty much be ENTIRELY on how it was taken care of since it was first sold.
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote