View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 06:52 PM   #11
C130

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Since you can't have the cover on/closed while towing, and the hitch is too heavy to remove and install easily, is it an option to just remove the hitch head? That would allow you to raise the hitch to a level needed for towing, but close your cover when not towing. I remove the hitch head on mine all the time.
Thanks for the suggestion but it's actually not the hitch head that hits. The TS3 has an arm across the back that the hitch pivots on and that's the highest point and the part that hits. I have a hoist so it's not hard to lift but a pain. I have to use the Ford adapter plate and the hitch has four legs that fit down in the slots in the adapter plate. Really prefer to keep the hitch in the truck. I was hoping someone had already switched pin boxes to alleviate the issue but can't find anyone yet. Someone posted a photo of them busting the front cap though when they hit the bed rails. It's not an issue normally and I've been careful with no issues but really don't want to have to worry about it.

Now, I could get rid of the TS3 and get a lighter hitch where I can take the head off or take it out but after using the air ride hitch I don't want to go back. I'm going to try and do some more research on the Mor/Ryde or even a regular, plain pin box.