View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 08:12 AM   #14
Brantlyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
He mentioned removing EPA related stuff on a possible diesel. His town is Des Moines. Do they smog test in that area? If he does a delete, he will likely have a hard time finding a tuner to remove the CEL from his dash as the gubbermint has come down on the companies selling those type tuners.

I have seen the discussion on 7.3L and heavy campers; the one he bought is 14K lbs gross so not really sure where that stands but I would be concerned about that kind of weight with any gas engine. I know 40' offers a lot of room for kids but could consider a smaller 5th wheel to reduce gross weight if it were me. But then he has already ordered the Arcadia so who knows?
no smog check in Iowa. Looking online there are tons of companies that are selling delete kits compete with tuners.

I'm only considering the delete for longevity of the motor if I do go diesel. I would have zero problems going with a diesel but as mentioned I'm worried about the low usage would not be good for it. I guess I could make it my daily again.
Brantlyj is offline   Reply With Quote