View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 06:22 AM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

There are many people who when told "It can't be done" are determined to prove that it can. Some of those folks become famous pioneers and inventors. Some are maimed or killed and many just die broken in spirit and body.

I recall the first time I drove over the Royal Gorge Bridge in CO. The man built that magnificent bridge that everyone said couldn't be built. It had no practicality as the other side was a turn around. Seemed to me it was a lot of money and effort to prove a point. Yes I know the full story but there it is. His monument in history remains.

Some folks just blindly "go into" a project with total ignorance and blind faith. Their monuments are often twisted steel temporarily residing in a junkyard.

I have no idea how he loads or unloads that bike but obviously he did. I don't know if or how he makes a tight turn, my guess? Even with a sliding hitch he wouldn't make the turns in most campgrounds or fuel stops. But who knows? Maybe he doesn’t stop for fuel and only goes to one place he found with wide turns.

Doesn’t matter to me. When I see something like that I just give them a wide berth and say a prayer for their safety. When I was young I would deer hunt in WV with a cousin. Twice driving back to MD I witnessed a logging truck wreck after "running away" going down a mountian. One was over the edge, about 500' of air, then nose dive. The other was no making a turn and running into the rack face. In both cases, the load broke loose and let's just say it wasn't pretty. That's what I think about when I see large bikes and ATV's mounted above the bed of a pickup truck.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote