View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 05:24 AM   #21
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Jasin, better description of creeping along, Please. Somewhat large 5er, and a pretty heavy bike. That and either de-bagged TV. Is that a flat road or were you on a grade.
Flat road. He was towing about 10-12 under the speed limit which is fine but on a two lane road if people speed match then you are relegated to a constant slowing and readjusting of speed as people try an overtake the caravan. A bunch of people just settle behind the much slower vehicle and then it’s not safe to pass as you would need to really accelerate to pass 10 cars.

I have auto cruise control that uses radar to see the vehicle ahead and keep a preset distance. When I use it it gets thrown off and applies the brakes because people jump in front trying to jockey their way up the parade route.

I’ve had so many people pass me then immediately slow down and I’m forced to slow down or turn cruise off

As a note the cruise control has a camera that sees if you take your eyes off the road or if you tilt your head down it will sound an alarm and brake slowly. If a person had to drive at 10-15 under on a two lane road it would be nice if they would swing off in a rest stop every now and again to let other vehicles go through. I’m not talking about speeding or being unsafe. I saw a vw campervan going 50 miles an hour up from florida on a 70 mph hwy

I don’t use cruise much. Just to stretch my legs for a bit

I drove somewhere like 2700 miles the last two weeks

One thing I observed multiple times on this trip is the absolute fastest drivers towing a load was the tractor trailer drivers towing “oversized loads” driving 75 -80 mph passing cars and weaving in an out. Saw two trucks towing separate halves of a prefab house in both lanes then swapping back and forth with a chase vehicle flying up the hwy…. A yacht on a flatbed and a military tank. All flying above the traffic speed.

Seemed like they were trying to get out of the state before police stopped them…or on a time schedule