View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Flyguy:
Thanks for your very thoughtful and comprehensive reply. Since I posted this, I have since been doing some additional "research" and asking around. I am getting the idea that a 1750W inverter (and yes, there are some in that size available - or very close to it) would simply be too big a drain on my 2 6V golf cart batteries. They would, if we were dry camping, have to have some means of keeping the charge up - either by solar panels or by a generator. We do have a 85W solar panel but it wouldnt be sufficient to keep the batteries charged up if we ran into a long stretch of cloudy, overcast weather.
We have also taken a look at what we want to run in the way of appliances or electronics and have decided that since we have gone without an inverter for 35 years, we can do without one now.
There is really nothing that we HAVE to have going (microwave, etc)..... dont watch TV so..... the short answer for us is to forget about it.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. All of your points were reinforced by others that I have spoken to.....
Not to the generator stage yet....... "yet" is the operative word here.
Thanks again
Richard