View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
Flyguy

Well Festus2, no one has responded to this thread and your questions yet, so I’ll take a shot at it. First off, I’m assuming that we are converting 12vdc to 110vac with this inverter, is this correct? If so then as to question #1: no inverter that I know of has a 30amp RV plug on it so if your planning on an alternative to a generator using an inverter I don’t think it exists in a 1750 watt version, you can however plug in individual devices using a standard 110vac plug into the provided outlets but this is a far cry from powering the whole trailer. As to question #2: no, the inverter is not used to add more 110vac outlets to your trailer, it just provides a couple of 110vac outlets that are on the inverter that you can plug some devices into. As to question #3: I don’t think that the heat produced by the inverter is that much to have to worry about, they usually have a built in fan if the design calls for one. As to question #4: Yes, the inverter should be mounted as close as possible to the RV’s battery so as to keep the size of the needed wire small and yes 20ft is to long for a draw of 1750 watts, that equates to a current draw of more than 140 amps dc! That’s a lot of current to ask of your RV’s battery, if you were to supply that current over 20ft you would need at least # 2/0 awg wire, that’s like feeding your house. As to question #5: I think that you are correct, the remote switch is to turn the inverter on and off, that wouldn’t be a high priority for me. As to question #6: I don’t think that any inverter for RV use is going to do what you want except to power a limited number of devices for a short period of time, if your boon docking it, your going to have to recharge your RV’s battery in short order, IMO you just can’t beat a 3500 watt generator that has a 30 amp RV plug built into it and yes, it is noisy.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote