View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 12:11 PM   #16
dalamarjj78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxnbbl View Post
I have the exact same trailer. When we bought it, I owned a 2016 Ram 1500 ecodiesel with an Equalizer hitch setup. The #1 thing I would do is ensure that the hitch is setup correctly. We do have a 2020 Ram 2500 diesel now and all our long towing trips has been with that. But I've never experienced anything that sounds like this with either vehicle. I've checked just the other day and it looks like between October 2020 and mid-may 2021 we have traveled a little less than 7500 miles towing the trailer. The new truck will certainly be fine with this trailer. I think it is something like 5300-5500# dry.
Prior setting up our Equalizer hitch I watched the install video at least a dozen times. I also made sure I followed the step-by-step instructions very closely and double and triple checked each step before moving on.

The measurements I took during the installation matched up with what it should have been in the table in the manual and the truck and trailer look level when connected.

I also make sure the hitch is greased in the appropriate points before each trip.

2022 F350 XLT CCSB SRW 7.3L 4.30 Gears
2021 Keystone Bullet Ultra Lite 273BHS

dalamarjj78 is offline   Reply With Quote