View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 09:14 AM   #10
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalamarjj78 View Post
Thanks for the input. The GVW of my trailer is under 10k lbs so it sounds like upgrading the rear axle ratio would be overkill. Also, I didn't realize there was an "option" to reduce payload - definitely not something I'd be interested in adding on.

There doesn't seem to be much inventory on local lots in my area. Most F-350's in my area have the pickup bed delete and have been converted to work trucks so I'm guessing I'll have to special order when I'm ready to buy. So I'll have to make sure that's not an option that's added on once the order is placed.

Very good points, thanks! I feel like I'm getting caught up in the details because when I bought my F-150 I didn't fully understand towing requirements for a TT and I want to make sure it doesn't happen again. I also didn't realize the 7.3L engines were so new so I'll revisit the idea of sticking with the standard 6.2L engine. I'll also revisit the XL trim instead of the XLT. While the XLT does have a few "bells and whistles" that would be nice (like blind spot monitoring) it's definitely something I can live without since payload is far more important. As long as it has a backup camera (which my current F-150 doesn't have) then I'll be happy.
I added an aftermarket stereo that has a big screen and a license plate camera. My current F350 is a couple feet longer than my last truck so backing into things was a concern. I also have a WIRED rear view camera on my camper going to a separate screen (dash mounted) so I can see tail gaters. I did add power door locks that work with a remote as I got sick of unlocking my passenger door then my door and when raining unlocking the rear doors for loading groceries. Otherwise didn't need power windows or any of the other stuff associated with higher trim levels. I only use my truck for dragging my 5th wheel and very occassionally for hauling and it isn't a daily driver which might add into the equation if selecting trim levels. I like bench seats!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote