View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 07:27 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

Couple thoughts... don't get mired in "paralysis by analysis". There have been members who went through this and every detail of buying a truck required so much attention to detail that they got lost in the detail. The F350 of any wheelbase is fine for a 32' trailer. The 8 ft bed gives you more room in the bed. I would also say that the 7.3L is a first year engine with no history to speak of. What folks will be saying about it 5 years from now would be helpful but you don't have that crystal ball so know that most first year engines have some teething issues. My sister & BIL have a Class C with that engine and it ran impressively from Tenn. to TX where they are moving. They did have a CEL come on during the trip that had to do with some safety system I really didn't understand. It went away and never reappeared. Last, the lower the level of the truck the better payload you will have. Diesels, 4x4, King Ranch, Platinum etc are all payload eaters. Decide how you will use the truck and if the frills are something you need, go for it and if not, the XL model will give you the best payload and no more muddy carpets.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote