View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 05:41 AM   #5
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
Well I’m sorry but your completely wrong.... I don’t know where you got that picture but I suspect it’s a 2500 or 1500 picture .. you clan clearly see mine are what I would definitely call BEEFY lol... my springs are bigger then what I had on my 2500 plus I have airbags...by the way I’m not trying to say your truck is not as good as mine ..I was merely saying what I like and i would encourage you or anyone that is curious to drive to a dealer and poke your head underneath and see for yourself
I think the photo Russ posted is a pre production mock-up that never materialized in 3500 series.. mine is a traditional rear leaf pack without the extra overloads as far as I can see... I can disassemble it in my driveway if you care to debate it lol... and I agree with Russ about the cp4... get a 2018 -back or 2021
Well I also so sorry, if you look at your springs, the bottom two leafs are only forward of the axle, and are there to prevent axle wrap during hard acceleration, the bags do most of the work, as your truck sits level no matter the load.

These are two pictures of our 2016 3500 DRW with standard leaf springs, I know one is a closeup the other being taken at a distance, you should still be able to see how much the rear sank with a 2,700# pin on it.

While on the subject, this is a picture of what seems to either be the prototype or limited first run, we have a member on another forum that has a 2015 Ram 3500 and has the same design as you. These are pictures of DRW as if you look closely you can see the spacers to allow the inner wheel to clear the spring.

Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote