View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 05:08 PM   #1
Dan Lockwood

Ford F-350 vs RAM 3500 With Rear Air Leveler

I'm looking at getting a newer, maybe new HD tow vehicle.

I have a '12 RAM at the moment and know that I'm pushing the limits of it with my total CGVWR being over 27k# loaded.

The Ford F-350 has just their standard H/D rear springs, but the RAM has the auto air ride lever system.

I thought once I read here that some of the Ford guys with 350's have had some box height issues where the RAM box height is a few inches lower. I have 5k Air Lift setup on my '12 RAM and with 45 psi I can raise it back to fully level hooked up.

How much drop with the Ford F-350 exhibit and my 43' Raptor loaded and hooked up?

I like some features of both better than the other, but I will be limited to stock available. I'm also looking at used in the '19/newer for both.

I've always been a GM guy from a kid, 71 now, and I just don't think that GM has the options, even in a Denali DRW GMC 3500 to keep up with the Ford or RAM.

Opinions anyone????? I know that I'm opening the flood gates with that remark. I also have read of late all the guys really NOT liking all the new electronics available today on the newer trucks.

We have a '16 GMC Terrain Denali for our daily driver and will be using the truck for long towing of the RV and probably "some" local driving from time to time.

Any thoughts on mileage between my '12 RAM and the newer RAM or Ford? My guess is that it will be maybe as much as 3 to 4 mpg more on the newer TV's.

Thanks in advance! I'll get out the popcorn and see what shows up...

Dan
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote