View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 01:24 AM   #2
notanlines

Penny, first of all, welcome to the forum! Great info here and even better information. AND, our opinions are second to none...
Ballpark figures, your RV will weigh about 10K and the hitch weight will be in the 1500# range. Only a 2500 gasser will leave you with any load capacity to spare. A 3500 SRW D-max will also give you load capacity to spare. You aren't in dually territory with your RV, but let me warn you, do NOT let your significant other suggest "Oh, honey, let's stop here at Camping World for a break and just look around!" Does that sound like the voice of experience? I'm the one who made the suggestion and the next thing I know the sales manager is checking to see if we had enough truck to haul the first Raptor!
If you plan on keeping the TT then I recommend a 3500 D-max short bed crew cab with whatever bells and whistles you find necessary. I simply don't recommend the 2500, although the gasser will do what you need.
I don't really have much to offer in way of advanced knowledge concerning your propensity for the used market. Gadgets are pretty cool on the first day and when you're showing your friends the new toy, but how many times do you think I have wanted to remotely start our F-450 from Houston, Texas? Is it absolutely necessary to have your iPhone tell you when your 3500 is ready for service?
I'll warn you, if you pull this to Oklahoma with a gasser, you will not sit around with the boys, having an adult beverage, and brag that you got 14 MPG towing to Oklahoma! Good luck to you on your choice, and have a great trip!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote