View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 10:30 AM   #23
CampNBrew2

My truck is a 14' Hemi Quad Cab Big Horn 4x4 with the same axle ratio. I put the helper airbags inside the coil springs but only run 10-15psi in them.

I used to tow an Attitude FK19 which was supposed to have a dry weight of 4800. Its GVRW was 10k but I never loaded that heavy. At max a few dirt bikes and some fuel and water for dry camping. The Ram towed it much better than the old 5.4 Expedition did. Did a 3k mi road trip before we sold it and no issues.

Now we have a Premier 22RBPR (Thiiiis close to buying the same 2200RWE as you. Loved the layout, hated the trifold bed in the one available). This trailer has a similar dry weight but wow it feels way lighter than the toy hauler. Sails up hills and my mileage is at least 2mpg better. I dont need any air in the airbags either. The hitch spring bars carry the tongue load easily. I'm thinking the toy hauler was a wee bit heavier than I thought. I know, I know, I should have weighed it

So long story short, from someone with virtually the same truck and a similar trailer: watch your loading and I think the truck will be fine for your needs.
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote