View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 06:49 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaz93* View Post
Again, ....do your due diligence on your trucks manufactured towing specs/ratings.
You need to plug in your travel trailer weight; truck, cargo, tongue, etc....and make sure that it is well within GCWR.
Get a good WDH with sway control.
Make sure your comfortable towing the length of your potential trailer.
You open yourself up for a little "funnin" from the "diesel only" guys here-lol....by coming on here and asking for suggestions about the towing ability of your 1/2 ton Tundra.
I've only towed my TT's with 1/2 tons.....one an 04 Titan they pulled my than 2010 33' Keystone Springdale and my current 14` Ford F150 Ecoboost that tows my 2018 38' Keystone Outback.
I also upgraded to E rated truck tires....swapped them out on my ole Springdale and my new rig already has them.
Obviously you need to check your current trucks tires; brakes, cooling system, suspension etc....
Know the limitations of your truck and match it up to a travel trailer you can safely tow... than go out and enjoy your camping experience !Attachment 19428Attachment 19429Attachment 19430Attachment 19431

Meaz - many posting aren't the diesel crowd, but more importantly, the Tundra the OP has is the "pre 1/2 ton" Tundra as I called them...the "little" Tundra. Has no kind of capacity as we relate to the current 1/2 ton Tundras.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote