View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouleyfamily View Post
I certainly don't look at our conversation as harassment. Your giving me free knowledge to help me and my family be safe and keep our camping experiances enjoyable. I could very well be wrong about my toungweight also, for some reason I felt like I read that my tounge weight was 500lbs. I dont remember where I got that figure from. It could have possibly been online and referring to the dry weight of the trailer. I've also been email back and forth with someone at etrailer.com regarding my receiver/hitch situation. One I have learned with this is that camping world will let you leave with inadequate equipment as long as they've got a sale. I asked my salesman and the guys teaching me how to hookup my setup and they all said I had more than enough to be able to tow my trailer. 4 months later I now know not to trust them anymore. Thos forum in particular has definitely helped me out in the past and I value any and all opinions and suggestions to keep camping fun.
I appreciate your point of view. If you have weighed the trailer and it is 6k I would be suspect of a 500lb tongue weight. On the other hand, if you haven't weighed it, it will probably be more. Remember it doesn't matter what anything you read on the internet, brochures etc. says; it's what is posted on the placards on your truck and trailer along with what a scale says; they are the definitive numbers. We are here if you have any questions.

Our (my) intention is to 1) make sure you and yours are safe and 2) try to make every effort to keep camping fun!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote