View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #29
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
on the Fords, prior to a TSB in 2011, the cleaning message used to stay on the screen during the whole regen, but it blocked the other info. Ford changed it to only flash for a couple seconds to eliminate that problem.

for Android there is an App.. Torque Pro (not free) that will let you setup and display different truck parameters.. including if regen is active

I maintain an installable plugin for the 6.7l diesel computer sensor definitions (PIDs) for this app.
it can be downloaded from my dropbox
Torque Pro SuperDuty PIDS plugin

we also discuss the PIDs and any potential new ones here
Ford Trucks forum Torque Pro topic
I loved when our old 2009 F-350 would display the regen message the whole time it was regenning. And complained to the dealer when they flashed the computer and took that away...did no good of course! Ever since, you would only know if that truck or the new one was regenning if I caught it for the couple of seconds it’s in the display. One of the dumbest moves made by Ford as far as I was concerned since even if I’m close to home, I will drive until the regen is done, and it’s kind of nice to know when it’s finished.

With this truck, hubby downloaded OBD Fusion to my iPhone and with a plug-in in the OBD port, I now know my exhaust temps, when it is regenning (and how high the temps get), and other things I don’t necessailry pay much attention to. But I love that app when I am towing.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote