View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 04:07 AM   #22
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec557 View Post
Puck system

I've watched 2 videos of adding a 5 puck system to a truck that did not have it installed at the factory. In 1 video they lifted the entire bed up about a foot off the frame. In the other video, removed the box bolt downs entirely on one side and loosened them on the other side in order to block the bed up with some 2x4s.

Has anyone added a puck system to their truck, and if so and you don't mind, what did that cost? The above videos would make me think it's an expensive undertaking, and then there's still the 5er hitch to buy.

Thanks for your thoughts
Mike
I installed one in my '12 F250... with the help of a buddy... we did it in a 12 pack one morning.. Yes we pulled the bed bolts and blocked the bed up on 2X4's to make it easier to reach the bolts.. and we added Firestone airbags at the same time.. Total time... was less than 4 hours start to finish..

All you need are hand tools, torque wrench, a couple of hole saws if you are putting the pucks and the ball... I opted not to install the ball as I have no need of a gooseneck...

I traded archery lessons for the hitch and bought the mounting hardware directly from Reese... Reese is who makes the FORD O.E.M hitch... Reese even included the Torx bit needed to remove the bed bolts...

As for location of the holes.. Ford has dimpled the locations in the bed since the 2011 trucks.. so even that was a no brainer..