View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #8
FlyingAroundRV

According to the official Ford website AWD is available on the Super Duty trucks. There is a section titled something like "what vehicles are AWD available on" and listed in addition to all the passenger cars and SUVs are the 250-450 Super Duty trucks. However, if you follow the link from there, it just takes you to an ad page for the trucks and makes no mention of AWD versions.
I have been in contact with the seller (private owner) to try and get clarification, but I'm getting to the stage with my enquiries that I'm in danger of really annoying the guy. Last night I asked about badging or controls for the AWD and apparently there are neither controls nor badging as such.

I'm starting to wonder if it's just a two wheel drive truck that some clever salesman has marketed to the guy as AWD somehow. The brochures and manuals that I downloaded make only one small mention of AWD and that is in relation to the fault light on the dash, which it calls the "4WD/AWD" indicator.

I really like the truck, but if it is truly an AWD Super Duty, it seems like a rare beast and I'm not sure I want to buy something that's going to be hard to get repaired if it breaks.

JRTJH:
Thanks for the link for the window sticker, unfortunately that came up as "that sticker hasn't been released yet".
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote