View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 09:23 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
I agree 100%. If the OP is looking at keeping his trailer small and light (without the intention of upgrading to a 5th wheel or larger TT), best case would be to keep his current truck. This is also under the assumption that a gulf cart or m/c isn't required. A handful of trips through the year with his current coach and TV should be adequate, safe, and enjoyable. He should take the aforementioned advice and use a quality WDH with sway control though.

If the OP has all the intention in the world to upgrade (sooner than later) to a double/triple axle TH (or coach > 12,000 lbs on the GVW), he should start the process of trading up his TV to a 1 ton variety.

The third senario of him keeping his current TT and increasing payload to support a bed full of toys, a 3/4 ton gasser would be a more than enough TV.

The belief that "you can never have too much truck" doesn't fly (or stick) for many people who KNOW they will NEVER upgrade to a larger coach and have no foreseeable desire to tug their trailer more than a handful of times throughout the year. YMMV.

To me, this post is misleading.

"If the OP has all the intention in the world to upgrade (sooner than later) to a double/triple axle TH (or coach > 12,000 lbs on the GVW), he should start the process of trading up his TV to a 1 ton variety."

This indicates, to me, that the poster advocates that an F150, with a 5.0 and 3.31 gears should not worry unless they are looking at a double/triple axle TH in excess of 12k lbs. Obviously this is just wrong.....really wrong.

As far as all those folks that KNOW, really KNOW that they will never have a larger trailer........well, I'm sure folks can chime in on that.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote