View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 03:14 AM   #14
mguay

FWIW Brent, I am in the same boat as you and thinking about bullet proofing the system.

While GM has cleaned up the injector issue...the problem child is the new CP3. On other forums there are many posts of CP3 failures while still under warranty...

GM has had issues with fuel filter adapters letting air into the system and supposedly cleaned it up in the LBZ generation...but I'm not convinced. My LBZ would only make half a turn before it fired and if it went more I new I didn't get all the air out during my filter change. Open the bleeder screw and a few pumps on the primer till it was hard and problem solved. On my LML it has always made a turn or two before it fires. When changing the oil and checking the air filter I always find a mushy primer and air in the top of the fuel filter adapter.

I think the problem with the newer trucks is the higher fuel pressure. While driving the pressure up the fuel gets hotter and then when it is not needed and returned to the tank water droplets are formed from the hot to cold action. Although it is a very small amount of water...wherever there is water, there is air. IMO the tank vent does not remove all this air/water and "some" is sucked back to the engine.

I am on the fence as well about throwing the $500+ at it!