View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
walker1

sab 27

Hi Base and others.
I tow my 2011 sab with a 2010 maxtow lariat f150, 3.73 rear, 6.5 box., 7756 gvwr.
I weigh everything and the fiver dry states 6920 and mine is 6922!!!!

I keep the box empty and have a loaded pin around 1050-1100. Hitch is 200.
My little guys are 6 and 8 so with wife we are close on axle and gvwr. I added supersprings and LT rires to help the tow and handling.

I am not a speed freak and am very happy with the towing. We went from Calgary, Ab, to Nova Scotia last summer ( 13, 000 km) and it was really good.

Loaded I was around 8300 lbs and feel comfortable with that but will not go higher.
Most important to me is the braking and cooling are both strong. The compression/tranny braking is useful on the hills. The 6 speed has me towing in 4 or 5th most of the time and 10 mpg on the big trip was good.

As for the fiver, I had a welder fabricate 2 receivers on the back for the bike rack and genny. Also, fixed the drain lines on the bottom as I did not like the caps. Heating in the master bedroom is poor but I can fix that. Great lite fiver
!
Base pm if you have any questions.
You guys all have the stronger truck for sure ,but, as long as I keep my weights as is I feel confident in everything. There are only a few 150/1500 trucks I would tow this fiver with.

Cheers
Rob
walker1 is offline   Reply With Quote