View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 01:16 PM   #21
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I thought I would "toe the line" with Dexter regarding approved greases. I used to use Pennzoil (Shell) synthetic marine grease but can't find it over the counter anymore. Autozone stocks Mobil1, and it's a get it when they have it deal. I just put WalMart marine grease in my little GoDevil boat trailer. Smells and looks like the Pennzoil, so I feel better!
I keep my 3 grease guns in a plastic kitchen sized garbage can in the storage barn, and it's a mess.
I've got a tube of Lucas Red Sticky and Tacky that is going to be used on something for a trial. Maybe the lawn mower.
***edit Amazon lists Timken bearings cheaper than parts store Chinese bearings. But I won't guarantee they aren't Chinese Timkens.
I can get Mystik JT6 #2 at Autozone and ORielly, Farm and Fleet and Tractor Supply also carry it. I just ordered a 6 pack directly from Mystik. Also use their oils on the ATVs. Got introduced to Mystik when I was a kid, it's all my dad would use when he raced snowmobiles. I also run their JT8 15W-40 diesel oil in the Duramax. Got lucky and found a trucker who was retiring and had 25 gallons for sale in 5 gallon buckets. Picked it up for $7 a gallon. Unfortunately, the diesel oil is normally too difficult to find and too expensive to keep using once this 25 gallons is gone.

I've used the red and tacky, it's good stuff.

That's a great price on Timken....if they are in fact Timken bearings

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote