View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
Bob Landry

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/t...psba3475f7.jpg

Sticky Update

When I originally wrote this sticky, I did it with some degree of tunnel vision, thinking that the owners of these gas grills would probably only want to use it with his/her trailer as a piece of camping gear. One of our members, Webslave, was gracious enough to send me the photo shown below along with description. I won't go into a lot of explanation, because I think the photo is pretty much self explanatory. What he has done is take my regulator removal to another step and come up with an assembly that would still allow the use of the grill(about any one but Coleman) to be used with a 20# propane bottle or with the 1lb canisters that they were originally intended to be used with. This is a great idea and I think I'll do it myself. It should be easy if you did the regulator removal/conversion as I suggested because you will already have a male QC fitting on the grill. The only pieces required will be the fittings to attach a canister adapter and a female QC to the regulator. The fittings, except for Coleman's proprietary fittings, should be available at any big box or propane supply house As always, be sure to use yellow thread tape and check all of your connections with a soapy water solution.

Thanks, Webslave, for a great idea..

I wanted to append this to the original sticky, but the forum format limited me on the number of characters I could use in an edit, so.

Festus, if there is a way that we can cut and paste this into the original sticky, I would like to do that for continuity, otherwise, I guess it can live here

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel