Thread: 28sgs
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

My thoughts:

I've never seen a used RV that did not have issues - my experience. I always compare them to what I would have had new and they just don't pass muster. I don't buy used, or look at, anything used so that sort of taints my view of things.

As far as Cougar is concerned here are some observations; in 2014 when I bought this trailer, as usual, there were all kinds of models and Cougars. This was a TT, Cougar High Country, the only luxury TT listed by Keystone (they seem to change month to month). I only wanted the best they had and looked at FR and Jayco. This has been the nicest trailer we've owned and been in at this price point. Cougars have changed and continue to change as Keystone morphs their visions of what is what. I have walked through many, many RVs from various manufacturers. IMO, despite some shortcomings, Keystone can't be beat on price, floorplan and just overall "stuff". I have the option of anything I want but I am a "bang for the buck" kind of guy and Keystone (selected brands) fill that bill.

As for Cougar 5th wheel; I don't know about quality about a trailer of that year. I can tell you that in my research over lines/brands that the Keystone Cougar (not 1/2 ton or lightweight) was my choice. That was so until DW, a few weeks ago, threw me a curve and said she wanted a full washer/dryer; never discussed in our RV life. The Cougar 315RLS went to a Montana HC 331RL.

So, I've provided more info than what you want but it seemed you had reservations about the Cougar line. I have no experience with the "X lite" line but I have nothing but positive thoughts/recommendations about the general Cougar line; I would be buying a new one now if it could support a full size washer/dryer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote