View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 03:30 PM   #1
Bob R

Nevada US 95 McDermitt to Pahrump ???

I am going to making a move to Pahrump NV in early July.

I have a couple of ways to get there, I 15 through Utah, AZ and through Las Vegas and back up to Pahrump, not my preferred way.

The way I am looking at is after spending the first night in Caldwell, ID off of I 84 I pick up US 95 South to Fallon which puts me into a little bit of OR and then NV straight(ish) into Pahrump without making the big loop around NV and up through Las Vegas.

I have done the trip once but never towing an RV. I plan on going slow, maybe 5-6 hours of travel a day.

Has anyone ever done US 95 that way and if so, how was it. There are plenty of small towns along the way and I would do an overnight in Fallon on night 2 and then into Pahrump on Day 3.

Any wisdom or advice would be appreciated. This will be my first long tow, usually I am at 4 hours or less but with moving home it requires a bit to get there.

While I am at it, as I will just be parking for slee, eating and moving on for those two nights, is it worth it to even unhitch? I was thinking of just lowering the landing gear and stabilizers and stay hitched for those stops.

TIA

bob