View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 07:25 AM   #31
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifier View Post
I am not in the business of advertising or promoting any product but for many years I have used Reese Dual Cam hitches and they do not require any lifting of the truck to hitch up and the sway control is excellent. The use of the snap up brackets and a lever bar makes hook up easy.
You might want to take a look at the owner's manual for your Reese Dual Cam hitch, page 8:

"WARNING:
When lifting/lowering Snap-Up Bracket, Avoid putting any part of your body in the path of the lifting handle and under the cam arm and spring bars. Components of this system are loaded with substantial force and could shift position or drop suddenly causing serious injury or death.
Never Raise or Lower Snap-Up Brackets without raising the trailer tongue jack to remove the load from the spring bars and cam arms. Failure to do so could cause serious injury."

While your chosen procedure for tensioning the Snap-Up brackets is a means to accomplish "loading tension on the hitch", it is against the WARNING in your owner's manual.

Again, I'll say, "I know of no hitch that uses spring bars to distribute weight that isn't easier to "load the bars" by raising the trailer/tow vehicle to unload the tension.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote