View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 06:34 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifier View Post
I am not in the business of advertising or promoting any product but for many years I have used Reese Dual Cam hitches and they do not require any lifting of the truck to hitch up and the sway control is excellent. The use of the snap up brackets and a lever bar makes hook up easy.

Thanks. I see you posted the Reese vs a "lot of other much better brands with built in sway control" as you previously stated. I'm not seeing "lots". As far as "better" translates into more costly, I think you will find the Equalizer will generally cost more than the Reese. In addition, the spring bars with chains pulled up with the little cheater bar is exactly the same design I started with back in the 70s...things have improved. The only difference, to me, between the dual cam and the old spring bars/chains and the bolt on, tensionable "sway controls" is the addition of the "cams" on the underside...same concept.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or take a side, simply pointing out that your original post was misleading and needs to be clarified.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote