View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #22
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles65 View Post
The more I get into the logistics and cost of this driveway installation, the less I'm inclined to go for it. That being the case. let me ask another question, here: Since the only part of the run where I lose traction, in the mud, is the last 50' of the back-up, do you think I can simply put tire chains on one of my trucks and make a go of it? The incline is probably about 10º. I would tow my RV to a campsite with my nice, new F-150, then, on my return, drop it in the street, hook up my Ram 2500 Diesel, with chains on the rear tires, and back it in. Yeah, lots of hassle, to be sure, but it will save me a bundle of cash and mega-hours of driveway work. Weigh in, if you feel like it. Thanks! (I don't like using my 2500 for vacations since it's my work truck, and looks it. I also wouldn't want to drive all over the place with chains. That being the case, I'd install the chains on the 2500 before I left for camping, so it'd be ready when I got back, if I needed it.)
I think the method you are describing would get old real fast. Building the driveway is more expensive now but in the long run you will appreciate the convenience.
Is the Ram not a 4x4? No need for chains if it is.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote