View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #25
larry337

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
For ride difference, I think that is a very subjective term. I've never, and I've been in hundreds of different trucks, seen much difference between a LB or SB truck of the same kind. You just don't notice it that much. Reg cab, LB vs reg cab sb...not much. Reg cab long bed vs sb cc....no difference. The only appreciable difference in wheelbase difference comes is if you want to take a CC LB truck and compare it to something smaller; and then, yes, the huge wheelbase does make a noticeable difference. When you talk about 145? to a 160?" difference....it's not appreciable....IMO. It makes the truck much less easy to handle (think "tight" handling).
I realize you always have to have the last word but believe it or dont, everything else being equal, a 176" long bed crew cab versus a 158" short bed crew cab does in fact ride smoother. Its really simple physics. And it will handle a travel trailer better, which is what the OP asked about. He and I already conceded it wont be as maneuverable. I guess thats why they make both. Buy what you like I always say.

2017 Ford F350
2015 Cougar 337FLS
larry337 is offline   Reply With Quote