View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 05:34 AM   #7
Louvinlovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Welcome to the forum!

If the coach battery is bad, that may be your issue. Take it out and see if it will charge. If it does, then load test it. Obviously if it fails get it replaced.

Then plug the trailer in and measure the voltage at the battery terminals. If it isn't 13VDC or higher, your converter has either gone kaput, or the fuses on the backside of converter have blown.

We'll start with having you test the battery, then once a known good battery is installed, check for charging voltage at the battery. We have 3 weeks to fix this? Piece of cake!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does one load test it? I am worried about this. (We have sold our house and am moving into this temporarily, so that is why I am worried about it.) And why can't we just disconnect the battery? I have an older TT and never had this kind of problem with it and it never had a battery connected to it. I guess they are different kinds of systems.
The battery on the rig is new in I think June of 2015. The battery is on a trickle charger as we speak, er type. We will try to do it again. Thank you so much for the help and thanks for all of the warm welcomes to this forum.
Louvinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote