View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #9
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilDeb View Post
On my Equalizer, the noise comes from where the front of the bars go into the hitch. With the bars attached to the hitch, they creak just trying to swing them in and out. I know they make shoes for the L brackets but that isn't my problem.

I've taken it apart and sanded all of the surfaces and applied anti-seize. That made it stay quiet for one trip. I am NOT happy about taking it apart to lube it every trip. You'd think they would come up with a better idea. I feel like I might as well take the exhaust off my truck and blow the horn while driving through the campground.

One of my jobs at the dealership was to find and fix noises in everyone's new vehicle. This noise is unacceptable. Not that I'm a whiny b!@#$ but come on.

I will make a few more attempts at a "fix" before switching hitches.

I've never had to take mine apart to grease it. I just clean it real well and grease the mating surfaces and then manually manipulate the bars to get the different areas. I use the equalizer brand grease. I did increase the torque on those two bolts to 65flbs. That is not where mine makes the noise.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote