View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #20
Pmedic4

Front cap fading

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw342 View Post
A good waxing will help temporarily, but in no way is a permanent solution. The fading will be back in 6-12 months if not sooner The problem is with the cap itself. See if your dealer will go to bat for you. If they have a good working relationship with Keystone it would help. Keep an eye out on your stickers and see if they are starting to change colors.

I just removed all the stickers off my faded front cap its ready now for me to wet sand it and buff it out or put a wrap on it. At my storage facility my neighbor with a 2 year old Cougar with the grey front cap is starting to go at the top. Four spots down from me another guy with his 5th wheel with the brown front cap just had his wrapped. Keystone told him to pound sand since he was a couple months out of warranty and his trailer is always covered unless he is using it. So the BS lie that Keystone tells you about YOUR lack of maintaining/waxing it and its a natural occurrence is just that...BS

There are numerous other TT and 5th wheels at my storage yard that are starting to fade or are in bad shape already. Not all Keystones, but other brands included that have the colored front caps. A class action suit should be brought against the manufacturer of those caps. Its a shame Keystone, Glacier Bay, Heartland and the other makers will not stand up for their customers when an industry wide problem comes up. I suppose its much easier for them to blame their customers than to hold their partner/supplier responsible.
What is really bothersome about the front caps fading on all the RV's, is if our trucks or cars faded as bad as the RV's, we'd all be in complaining at our dealerships probably even 5 years afterwards. Definitely a different exterior manufacturing quality standard applies to the entire RV industry, except those shiny metal twinkies.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote