View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemguy View Post
I have a badly fading cap that I first started to notice in Oct. 2013. It was an are at the top center, and my dealer told me to use a good wax cleaner. I did that and it helped. Wasn't perfect when viewed from the roof, but ok when viewed from the ground. I was never advised that Keystone had any paint issues with the cap. The fading area became more cloudy and was about the same size, maybe somewhat larger through 2014. I wash and wax regularly. Area of fading grew a bit. This year the fading took off.

Now Keystone says tough luck.....its out of warrantee........even though I told dealer of the problem back in 2013. I am getting no help from Keystone and I think this is terrible. The rest of the rv is in pristine condition. Had I known of the issue and how it would grow I would have raised holy he__ back in 10/2013.

Today the customer service rep referred me to a page (13?) in my owners manual and asked me if I periodically power buff the cap. What? How's that for customer service. Seems to me the paint on a 2+ year old unit, that is regularly washed and waxed should hold up for many years.

What's my option? A lawyer?
Do a forum search for "faded paint" or "faded front" and you will get a lot of information about the experiences of other owners. Some have been successful in getting Keystone to help with repairs, others have hit a "brick wall" and have received no help from Keystone.

After doing some research on Keystone products, it might interest you to do a "google search" on "RV faded front cap". You'll find on the first page of results, information on faded front caps on Heartland, Jayco, Keystone, Winnebago and Forest River products.

While that won't "soothe your frustration" it should illustrate that it's not a "keystone issue" but it's a problem that affects the entire RV industry.

Good luck with your quest to get your RV repaired. The more "background information" you know, the better your chances of being able to carry an intelligent conversation with customer service both at your dealership and at Keystone.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote