View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #13
Cemguy

Laredo 294RK 2013, Fading Cap

I have a badly fading cap that I first started to notice in Oct. 2013. It was an are at the top center, and my dealer told me to use a good wax cleaner. I did that and it helped. Wasn't perfect when viewed from the roof, but ok when viewed from the ground. I was never advised that Keystone had any paint issues with the cap. The fading area became more cloudy and was about the same size, maybe somewhat larger through 2014. I wash and wax regularly. Area of fading grew a bit. This year the fading took off.

Now Keystone says tough luck.....its out of warrantee........even though I told dealer of the problem back in 2013. I am getting no help from Keystone and I think this is terrible. The rest of the rv is in pristine condition. Had I known of the issue and how it would grow I would have raised holy he__ back in 10/2013.

Today the customer service rep referred me to a page (13?) in my owners manual and asked me if I periodically power buff the cap. What? How's that for customer service. Seems to me the paint on a 2+ year old unit, that is regularly washed and waxed should hold up for many years.

What's my option? A lawyer?
Cemguy is offline   Reply With Quote