View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 06:37 PM   #22
IMASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrider View Post
My wife is gonna cry when she sees that Golden sleeping in front of the tv. We lost our golden just months before we bought our Bullet. Our Chocolate lab's bed is in the same spot.

Sorry to hear about your Golden. Max is a long story, but since you brought him up, I'll go ahead and brag a little bit. He is turning 12 in December (note the dog ramp for him to get in and out of the trailer).... he was given to us at 13 months old. Lets just say his first 13 months in this world were not very pleasant for him (clearly abused by his first owners). My wife heard about him from a friend of a friend of someone she worked with. I'm ashamed to say his behavior was so bad I did not want him. I thought..... if I can just my wife out of here, suggesting we think about it, we will just never go back. Well.... she suggested we bring him home that day, so you see who wears the pants around here . Well, it took some time but Max became the best dog that a man could want or hope for. That dog has spent every day with me (he has always gone to work with me) with the exception of three.... the three days when my wife and I eloped (he stayed with her parents). Well, he is getting up there in age, though still pretty healthy and active. One of the reasons we bought a bunkhouse was so Max could have the bottom bunk..... he has earned it ! Unfortunately, my 3 yr. old son was not confident up n the top bunk.... which is OK because Max is happier sleeping close to me. I can't even imagine what my life will be like when he is gone. I do my best to make sure he enjoys every day. Thanks for letting me ramble..... sorry to the OP for the threadjack.
IMASAP is offline   Reply With Quote