Thread: Outback 316RL
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #7
ajk170

We bought our 316RL four weeks ago and had it out twice already. We love the living room slides with the closet slide. Ours has the fireplace which we used this last time. It works great but makes the bedroom cold. I find the couch could use some adjustments- the back cushions are a little too overstuffed and actually push you a little off the couch. I thought I remember the Cougars cough a more comfortable. we also got the rockers which are nice nut we really need an ottoman so I wish they were recliners but there really is no room for them to be recliners either. I also found that our model had a bypass to the water heater tank that was not put into the "water tank fill position" - which I would have thought it would have been if XXXXX World did all of the systems checks they claimed to have done. The bypass on the 2015 316RL is in a very hard to find place and Keystone does not put any sticker/label/sign indicating that it is in a spot that you have to unscrew panels and pull up carpet to get to. So, maybe it's my fault that I didn't ask the question (that I didn't even know existed) during the walk through with the rep. Oh well- luckily, we didn't damage the water heater. WE have noticed the refridge doesn't get super cold- maybe 36-38 degrees. we have it set on the max temp. Freezer keeps water frozen so that's good. We have the drop down table and I would agree that it is a tad flimsy but it gives you sleep space and under the seat storage which we liked over the dinette. The dinette does look nicer. Our big selling points over the others- bathroom to bedroom access and in-bathroom towel/closet storage. We hated walking through the camper/coach after taking a shower or going to bed when other people are still up in the main areas. I do wish the kitchen sink was a porcelain rather than plastic- don't but anything that can stain in there. The island is great for additional prep and storage. The other draw back- and it's a biggy- you have to have the living room slides open to use the camper. Other campers do not have that limitation so if you are space confined you need to open this up to use the common area- not eh bedroom or bathroom. Other trailers do not have this type of limitation. But despite a few of these limitations or lack of upgrades on our part or ignorance to the fact- we LOVE this camper!

We did upgrade from a F150 to a F250 Diesel to pull this thing...
ajk170 is offline   Reply With Quote