Thread: Bedlift Kit
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 02:58 PM   #4
wahoonc

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomech View Post
Last Fall I installed a lift kit on our 245RB Passport. We purchased it at Camping World, and it was the standard kit for a short queen bed. Since the Passport is a light weight trailer I had to do some reinforcing to the bed box and lid in order to mount the gas struts. After mounting them I felt that I wasted a lot of time and money because the lid would not stay closed. After a lot of frustration I felt like hell with it and I'll take it apart tomorrow, so I put the mattress on the lid and to my surprise the lid stayed closed . So, after you install the struts put the mattress on it and you may avoid what I put myself through.
Sometimes you have to move the struts forward or backwards to get a good close. They tell you to make sure to test them with ALL the bedding in place. Mine is a bit stiff, but I am going to be adding a 4" topper to ours. If it is still hard to close after that, I will move the strut mounts a bit further to soften them up.

Every unit is a bit different, so the dimensions for the mounts that work on one unit, may not work on the next. I have never had to move them more than a couple of inches forward or rear to get them to work properly.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote