Thread: Do NOT do this!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 08:46 AM   #36
KOZKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnelms View Post
Well, I made the mistake that everyone dreads. I knew better, but it happened anyway and I still have nightmares about it.

I went to a state park. At the end of the 4-day stay, I pulled my 5th wheel over to the dump station. I positioned the sewer drain exactly opposite to the sewer opening at the dump station. I ran my sewer line from the dump station opening and got ready to attach it to the sewer drain on my 5th wheel.

I pulled the plug on the drain line and WHOOOOOSSSSHHHH. Out came volumes and volumes of raw sewage. It immediately engulfed both my arms and hands (yes I had on gloves but it got into the gloves).

As fast as possible, I connected my sewer line to the 5th wheel -- but it was hard to do with all the effluent discharging so fast. Finally I hooked it up -- after about 30 seconds.

I ran to the dump station water line and washed off my arms and hands as best as possible -- but there was 20 gallons of raw sewage all over the dump station pad.

I used a hose to dry to push all the effluent into the dump sewer, but it had spread so far that I couldn't get it all.

DISASTER.

Why did this happen? Well, during the last camping trip after draining the black and grey water tanks, I forgot to close the valves!! I didn't know it because the valves are hidden (2016 Cougar 5th wheel) under a lid.

Pitiful.
Been there, done that! Sorry to hear someone else made the same a mistake! I swear I check the valve 10 times before I touch that cap or before I leave a site now

2018 Laredo 340FL
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7L Cummins Diesel (6’4” bed)
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
B&W Turnoverball
JT's Strong Arm Jack Stabilizers
KOZKO is offline   Reply With Quote