Thread: Do NOT do this!
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #22
wobly

Way back when we had our first trailer in 2008, I bought the heaviest duty hose I could find. We are now 3 trailers down the road after that, but, of course, we keep moving our stuff to the new trailers...including the hose.
Over the 4th of July weekend, we were at a State Park that only had electricity. So, we had to hit the dump station on the way out. There are no water hoses at this dump station. After watching the guy in front of us and chortling to ourselves at his "newness", it was our turn. There was a guy in the opposite side and a guy behind me. I whipped everything out like an expert and got it all hooked up like I knew what I was doing. We even have the extra dump valve for safety. Checked everything out, ensured the hose is hooked up, pulled the black tank valve, pulled the safety dump valve open and WOOOSH! The flow blew the hose off the pegs and the black tank contents started to go everywhere!
I hit the safety valve to close it while standing in a pool of waste that I shouldn't have been standing in. The guy opposite to me helpfully said "Use the gray water to flush the area when you are done". Needless to say, I was embarrassed.

Turns out that our wonderful old hose had worn the locking nub "tightness" off the inside of the lugs and that allowed the hose to blow off the clear adapter. I replaced the hose.
wobly is offline   Reply With Quote