View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 08:00 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Not that it's applicable to travel in New Mexico, but travel "through Canada to Alaska" may be an issue.

I just sold an old generator to a guy who lives in Nova Scotia. He is an American, bought an island in one of the bays with a house on it, bought a sailboat and wanted the generator to keep the batteries on the boat charged. He's currently living in the Detroit area because as an American, he can't cross the border into Canada to get back to his island.

I'm not sure of all the details, but according to him, the border crossings into Canada are closed to travel (or severely restricted I'd suppose).

If going to Alaska this summer, I'd contact the Canadian authorities to get some exact and true details on whether it's even possible to drive to Alaska and if so, what are the limitations.

Same with New Mexico, I'd call the public spokesman for the NM highway patrol and ask if there is any problem towing through with an overnight stop, as long as you remain in/around your trailer for the evening.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote